Thursday, March 16, 2006

Live March Madness

I'm off from work these next two days, and while I'll probably be going to bars at night to watch basketball, for now, I'm sitting in my basement watching by myself. So I'll update this site every half hour or so with some insight to whats going on.

Last update: 6:13

3:43- That BC/Pacific game was ridiculous. According to Yahoo! I'm one of 3.2% of all bracketologists who picked Pacific, so needless to say I was pulling hard for them. They had it in the first OT, but when BC came back to force a 2nd OT they just got deflated. I knew then they wouldn't win, but I thought they'd do better than getting outscored 14-2 in the 2nd OT.

Tenneessee & Winthrop on now. Winthrop is still hanging with them, it's 30-24 Tenn. But you just get the feeling Tennesse is going to turn things on really soon. I predict a 20+ point victory.

3:52- So I immediately regret my decision on the outcome of the Tennessee game. They'll still win this, but Winthrop is hanging a lot tougher than it looked like they would 10 minutes ago.

Montana/Neveda tips off now. I'm excited! Sucks they're not showing it now, but I should get to see some hopefully. Montana is my definite sleeper pick of the year. I fully expect them to not only beat Neveda, but also BC next round.

4:03- Umm, wasn't it the Winthrop player who stepped out of bounds with 8.4 seconds left in the half? Why did they get to inbound the ball? I'm confused. 2-point Tennessee lead at half-time. Way closer than I was expecting.

I'm going to go get chips & salsa.

4:19- Passed on chips & salsa, got Tortellini Alfredo instead. They're pretty similar. Montana is making me look really good right now. Hopefully they keep this up for the rest of the game.

2nd half of Tennessee-Winthrop about to start, I'm very excited. Tennessee better hope Watson (3 fouls) stays out of trouble. Losing him would be a disaster.

4:31- Here we go. CJ Watson of Tennessee jsut got his 4th foul! Winthrop is up 1 with 15 minutes left. First BC/Pacific, now this. This tournament is off to a banging start!

Marquette is getting raped by Alabama! 0-2 for the Big East? :(

4:40- "Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em!" That's the line that just got thrown out by some buddies of mine in referrence to the hammerance/shuffle step that the Winthrop coach just did. This guy is a nutcase, he might kill sombody before this game ends.

He's definitely my new favorite coach. He just got a 10 year extension at Winthrop, too. I hope they make some more tournaments in the next few years so I can watch him pulsate.

6:13- The end of that Tennessee game was insane. What a great shot by Lofton. Nothing for Winthrop to be ashamed of, they gave them a run for their money.

'Bama/Marquette was really good, too. Some great three point shooting towards the end.

Gotta love those Grizzlies. That's my Montana, they played a hell of a game. Can't wait to see what they do to BC on Saturday!

No comments: