Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Change in format

thesharkey.com will now be a normal blog, as opposed to the sports blog that it attempted to be in the last 6 months.

2400 hits in 6 months, I can't complain with that. Roughly 100 hits a week. I guess I was doing something right.

But I just don't have the time, or motivation/interest, in writing some new glittering article/entry on a sporting event 3 or 4 times a week. I don't have that much info on sports, either.

So, with that said, my sports writing abilities have been transferred to ColdAsWeiss, my buddies website, which is 97 times better than thesharkey.com (except for the fact that it is philadelphia-sports obsessed. I'll try to bring some NY flavor to the table.

My first article over there went up this morning, and has already had over 75 hits. Clearly I'll get read a lot more over there than over here.

So this now becomes someplace for me to bitch & moan about everyday life, and that becomes my sports-haven (I'll probably contribute 3-5 articles a month).

For those worried about the future of the SCS, don't worry, that's not going anywhere. Haven't even talked to Jason (who runs the site) about what will happen to it, but it will either be over there, or over here. Wherever it is, those of you who were into it last year will obviously get preference on voting over new readers at CAW.

Sharkey out.

No comments: