Saturday, February 02, 2008

Watch My Team Lose The Big One Party

If for some reason you don't have plans for the Super Bowl yet, you're invited over to watch the undefeated New England Asteriks beat my beloved New York Giants tomorrow night.

I'm not saying I'm happy about it, or that that's what I want. I'm saying I'm a realist, and while it's going to crush my to watch them lose, I'm not trying to give myself any false hopes that will lead me to believe otherwise. Brady's Bunch is a team on a mission, I've believed that all season long, and I'm not going to change that opinion just because they play my team.

But anyway, the festivities include:

*Party starts 4ish, come over whenever, though.
*Full keg, plenty of beer, liquor
*Chips, Dips, Cheese, Crackers, Hummus, etc
*Buffalo Wings & Ribs
*Sausage Pepper Onions, Chili, Meatball Hoagies
*2 3-foot subs
*2 60+ inch HDTV's, as well as 4 other TVs around the house showing the game
*Ceremonial pregame burning of a Patriots jersey
*And all the superstitious crap that you can handle

Give me a call if you've got nothing going on.

Just don't mind the fact that I'll be a nervous wreck during the game, and have been trying for 2 weeks to get out of any plans that involve watching the game with more than 2 or 3 people, because there's a chance I'll end up alone in my room watching it.

No comments: