Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Ramblings

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I just wanted to personally apologize to the three people that read this site before I got on to more important matters.

I'll probably get back to my semi-regular updates (3 or 4 a week) starting next Monday with the SCS. Busy week for me. Thanksgiving on Thursday at my house (I wish I was kidding when I told you we had a 26 lb, a 19 lb, and a 10 lb bird, all which were being cooked on Thursday. Yea, I don't get it either. That's the beauty of having two ovens (our second was installed on Monday). We can now do ridiculous things just for the sake of doing them.

My mom has spent over $400 so far on food for Thanksgiving. And we're not in charge of the appetizers or desserts. And we still have a liquor store run to make (last year that was $140). God I love Thanksgiving.

A few random whatevers to contemplate while you give thanks for knowing me this week:

*If you haven't listened to The Refreshments or Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers yet, you're missing out.

*I still love Everybody Loves Raymond. And I'm not going to lie, I watch this show more than both the Simpsons & Seinfeld lately. I'm not ready to call it better than these shows yet, but it might just be on it's way.

*Can't wait for Lost tomorrow.

*Going to the NIT Pre-season Championship on Friday in NYC, that's gonna rock. Here's hoping for a Duke-Memphis championship game.

*Seeing OAR on Saturday in Camden. This will be my 2nd time seeing them this year. That's a far cry from the 20 or so times I saw them between August 2003 & November 2004. Sucks that their tickets are like $40 a pop now.

*It's official, I suck at fantasy football lately. I still love playing it, but I'm just not as good as I used to be. This doesn't bother me, I'm ok with it. I just don't really understand it. In my three leagues this year I'm 7-4, 7-3 & 6-5. Not bad, you may say. I'm disappointed. I went thru a 5 year stretch in one league a few years back where I went 61-10, or something absurd. I miss dominating. Mediocrity just isn't the same. I'm going to have to get used to this.

*On the plus side, in my one fantasy baseball league, I've won 4 of the last 5 championships. So I still got that going for me.

*I haven't watched a Devils game in over a month. Here's hoping I get into hockey after football season ends, because right now it's just not doing it for me.

*So, after one of Notre Dame, Ohio State & Oregon get snubbed out of a BCS Bowl Game (OK, we can't lie here, it won't be Notre Dame), do you think the NCAA will start to consider a 16 team playoff? I don't either.

*But you can't deny the fact that the SCS is far superior to the BCS.

*Last week I was wearing shorts & sandals. Tonight, it's snowing (well, flurries). Anyone else remember the good old days when there were 4 distinct seasons in a year? I miss fall & spring, they were my two favorites. When was the vote to eliminate them? I'd have definitely chosen to get rid of winter & summer.

*Mmmm, turkey.

Feel free to stop by my house at anytime on Thursday. Drinking & eating begin at 1ish, dinner isn't til about 7, and you'll get to watch me drunkenly try to carve over 50 pounds of bird. Guaranteed good times to be had by all.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: