Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thursday Ramblings

So as you may or may not have noticed, I've promised readers an NBA Season preview today. Well, I was thinking about it these last few days, and I've come to a realization. I can't possibly dedicate an entire blog to the NBA. One, I don't really like it enough. And two, I don't know anything about it, really.

So here, in ramblings style, is what I think about the upcoming season, as well as some other non-NBA related talk.

*Last year, when the NHL was cancelled, I had nothing to watch in the winter, so I promised myself I'd get more into the Nets. And I did. I actually watched like 25 games, and learned all the players. I enjoyed it, too. So this year, with the NHL back, I promised myself I'd still watch the Nets, and make a concentrated effort to follow the entire NBA, as well. Well, after last night, I've realized I can still watch the Nets this year, but the other part of the equation is just too much to ask of me. I tried watching NBA highlights on Sportscenter last night, and I couldn't sit through them. Sorry, NBA, you're not for me. But go Nets!

*That said, I don't understand what all the hype is with this Nets team. Sure, it's probably going to win the Atlantic Division, but that's by default. They're not very good. 45 wins, at most. Maybe 47. And then they'll play the Bulls, Cavs or (gasp) Bucks in the first round & get demolished in 5 or 6 games. Not pretty.

*I hinted to it last paragraph, now I'll flat out say it. The Milwaukee Bucks are going to make the playoffs this year, and they aren't going to be the 8th seed.

*Still not sure why the Heat remodeled their entire team.

*Spurs still can't be beat, but because every person in the world is predicting them, I won't.

*Heat over Spurs.

*I can't believe those bastards on Survivor tonight voted out Brandon & let Jamie stay. I may hate Jamie more then any other Survivor player, ever. And Brandon was probably my favorite on this season. He got a raw deal. I hope one of Dani, Gary or Bobby Jon can outlast the other idiots on Tribe-6.

*I've watched less hockey in the first month of this new NHL season then I did last October, when there wasn't an NHL season. I swore all along that the lockout wouldn't have any affect on me, and I was in it for the long haul. But I guess I was wrong. Is anyone else having a hard time getting into it? Or am I just refusing to acknowledge the fact that the Devils are no longer a powerhouse? I can't get into hockey at all this year, and it's really depressing.

*Everyone is calling the Giants-9ers game on Sunday a trap game. So I'm going to one-up them. Giants 31, 49ers 9. Actually, that's not true. I'm nervous as hell about this game. The Giants of the last 10 years or so always found a way to lose a game like this, one they had no right losing. So I'm nervous. If this team is really moving into the future, and beginning what looks to be a very promising decade, it will not lose this game. Good teams don't lose this game. Period.

*I finally sat down & looked at Brady Quinn's stats the other day. Wow. 7 games, 2400 yards, 21 TDs, 5 INTs. For the NFL fan that can't really comprehend this, I'll translate. If he were in the NFL, over a 16 game schedule, with those averages his season would be, well, ridiculous. 5500 yards, 48 TDs & 11 INTs. Not even Peyton Manning can dream up a season like that.

*Of course, pro teams don't play the likes of Washington & BYU, but still, it's fun to imagine. Brady Quinn is going to not only be a much better NFL QB then Matt Leinart, he'll get drafted at a higher position then Leinart does.

*The Reggie Bush Watch: New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers. 4 of these teams need Reggie Bush. The 5th needs 53 new players & 11 new coaches, and Kevin E. Sharkey as their GM.

*To everyone criticizing me for putting LSU at #5 in the SCS, and saying they'll finish #4, consider this. If Miami beats VaTech on Saturday, LSU will very likely finish the SCS at #3. And if it weren't for a 2nd half meltdown against Tennessee in September, they'd probably be #2. Then we could finally get that USC-LSU Showdown that we were robbed of a few years ago.

*Sharkey out.

No comments: