Friday, December 16, 2005

Keeping track of the sharkey

So you don't complain over a lack of posts for the next 2+ weeks or so, here's what you got:

Tomorrow, last day of work before vacation, off by 2:30. Then who knows? Would like to go see King Kong at some point, or get drunk.

Saturday, Giants-Chiefs game. Coming into this season I'd been to 3 NFL games in my life. This will be my 4th game of this season. I'm pumped. This would be a huge win for the Giants. Loss wouldn't be devastating (since it's non-conference), but obviously we want this one bad.

Sunday morning I leave for sunny & warm West Palm Beach. Plane lands in WPB at 10am, to give you an idea of how early I'll be up. Staying at a timeshare with my sister, two of my cousins, and one of their boyfriends. I'll be there until Wednesday night.

Thursday & Friday are reserved for Christmas shopping, since I haven't started yet. I'm not even going to attempt to shop until then. Figure I'll go early in the morning each day. Malls shouldn't be too crowded, since they are still workdays.

Saturday is Christmas Eve. Sunday is Christmas. Monday is more Christmas. No explanation needed, these aren't internet days.

Tuesday I finally return to work after a 10 day vacation. This is going to suck. I'll work my ass off Tuesday-Friday, then hopefully I'm going to see Robert Randolph @ the Electric Factory this Friday night.

Saturday night is New Years Eve. I'll be working. Not really working, though, since we'll be dead. And the Giants game kicks off at 8:30 at night. So I'll be sitting at our bar watching this game.

Sunday is New Years Day. Also working this day.

Monday is The Fiesta Bowl. A bunch of other games this day, as well, but most importantly is the Fiesta Bowl.

Work Tuesday-Thursday. Friday I go to Washington DC for the weekend.

Work Monday-Thursday. Friday (yes, we're now up to January 13, which is still a month away) I go into NYC for a weekend in which a lot of great friends are coming into the city for the OAR @ MSG concert.

Return to work that Tuesday, January 17th, and then things will begin getting back to a normal routine.

Needless to say, this next month is going to rock hard (and drain my wallet). Should be a great time. I'll try to update as much as possible in this time, but I make no promises.

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

MJL said...

I love that the Skins had to go into Arrowhead to play the Chiefs and into Invesco to play the Broncos, while the Giants get both at home. That seems fair.

By the way, I wouldn't have been able to do our inaugural blog exchange next week, either...too much work to do.

Have fun on your vacation, donkey.

Sharkey's World said...

luck of the draw i guess...

in 2009, though, next time we play the afc west, you'll get both at home & we'll get both on the road. that's gonna suck.

we get indianapolis at home next year too... that'll be MNF. but we gotta go to jacksonville, carolina & atlanta next year. and it's looking like possibly back to seattle next year as well.

and yea, it was either the blogbattle or west palm beach.
next year.