Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Top 10 Songs of 2005

This list was A LOT harder to put together than the top 10 albums, mainly because there weren't a lot of good albums in 2005. The only real ommissions from that list were OAR's Stories of a Stranger & Jason Mraz's Mr.A-Z, but I didn't feel either of these albums were as good, in my opinion, as the other 10, so I had no trouble leaving them off the list.

As for the top 10 songs, when I had everything finally narrowed down, I was still left with 18 songs that I deserved to be in the Top 10. One by one, after listening to bits & pieces of each one, I was finally able to narrow it down to a Top 10.

But I'm betting if I re-did this list next week, while the songs may be the same, the order would change. And again the week after. It's virtually impossible to have a definite top-to-bottom song list. Most of it depends on what your mood is at that moment, and what type of music you are feeling.

Who knows.

Here it goes, the Top 10.

10. Time For Good by Todd Martin
9. Feel Like Living by Hothouse Flowers
8. Life is Wonderful by Jason Mraz
7. Please Don't Let It Be by The Alternate Routes
6. This Life by Todd Martin
5. Best of You by The Foo Fighters
4. Si Do Mhamo I by Hothouse Flowers
3. Jesse by Mike Perkins
2. Leave An Open Door by Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers
1. 20 Years Old by Mike Perkins

Shame on you if you've never heard these songs (or these artists).

Movies tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't be serious about that Foo Fighters song.