Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Going for history...

31-for-31. Has it ever been done? Doubt it. Has it ever been attempted? Probably. Will it ever be done? Someday. Do I have any chance in doing it? No way in hell.

But today begins my lifelong quest to correctly predict all 31 conference champions before the conference tournaments begin (tonight). I'd write a little bit about each champion, but the fact is I haven't even heard of half these conferences, so I can't really say it's thinking that brought me to the conclusion that that team will win its championship. Most of this is guesswork.

Your guess is as good as mine.

In alphabetical order, your 31 conference champions are:

America East Conference: Binghampton
Atlantic 10 Conference: George Washington
Atlantic Coast Conference: Duke
Atlantic Sun Conference: Belmont
Big 12 Conference: Texas
Big East Conference: UConn
Big Sky Conference: Montana
Big South Conference: Winthrop
Big Ten Conference: Illinois
Big West Conference: Pacific
Colonial Athletic Association: UNC-Wilmington
Conference USA: Memphis
Horizon League: Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Ivy League: Pennsylvania
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference: Manhattan
Mid Continent Conference: Oral Roberts
Mid American Conference: Kent State
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference: Delaware State
Missouri Valley Conference: Creighton
Mountain West Conference: Air Force
Northeast Conference: Monmouth
Ohio Valley Conference: Murray State
Pacific-10 Conference: Arizona
Patriot League: Bucknell
Southeastern Conference: LSU
Southern Conference: Georgia Southern
Southland Conference: Northwestern State
Southwestern Athletic Conference: Southern
Sun Belt Conference: Western Kentucky
West Coast Conference: Gonzaga
Western Athletic Conference: Nevada

There you have it, your 31 conference champions! Only 12 days until Selection Sunday.

In the meantime, back to my Beatles book, which is taking me way longer to read than a normal book does because its so damn huge and the font is so damn small. But that's ok, it's a great book, I'm not really wanting it to end.

2 comments:

Sharkey's World said...

Just to keep the 1 person interestedin this updated, I'm 10 of 14 so far. Obviously not going ot get the 31, but I have to admit, I didn't even think I could do this good this far into it.

edpaffjr said...

What's the final count??