Thursday, August 03, 2006

Damn you, Summer!

I'm not a summer person. Never have been. I mean, when I was a kid, it was great. But that was more because of the no-school factor, not because of the weather. Let's just get it out there, I sweat. A lot. Probably too much for someone my size, but oh well, what are you going to do about it? So therefore, I don't do summer. And I especially don't do 115 degree heat index days in August while I have no A/C in my car and am dressed in a suit for work. Yesterday wasn't fun.

Now, I'm not really a winter person either. I mean, I'll take snow & cold over the summer anyday, but for me it doesn't get any better than September and early October. Best six week stretch of the year, weather-wise. Of course, it doesn't need mentioning that it wasn't always this way. When I was in school (not college, but school) I hated this time of year, because it meant school was starting again. But now that I'm just a working-world kinda guy, I need this time of the year to get here.

No comments: