Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Despite what I've led myself to believe, this site actually does get read. Or at least, Che reads it. Therefore, I write on...

But not too much writing tonight. My computer crapped out a bit ago, and I finally got my harddrive replaced the other day. I lost everything, though. One thing I did have was my Ipod. After much research (and bothering Aaron at work), I found a way to transfer from my ipod to my computer, which technically isn't legal (shh...). Excellent.

Only problem is now I have thousands of songs that were on my ipod all in folders called "F00, F01, F02, etc." And when you open those folders, there aren't song titles labeling the tracks. Nope. Each song is called some variation of "AAAA, AAAB, AAAC, etc." So I'm going through and manually renaming every single track. Which means I have to listen to it and figure out what song it is, and then I have to move it into a folder with songs on the same album from the same band. Because if you know me, you know I'm OCD about my music collection, and only done perfectly will do.

The one plus that's come from this is I have to listen to everything on my Ipod (which according to ITunes is 23 days worth of music). I've rediscovered some stuff, namely Joseph Arthur's "Redemption's Son" album, that I have completely forgotten about. That's pretty sweet.

OK, back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sharkey

-Your sole reader

CHEese

Aaron said...

GD Sharkey.

I told you how to fix iTunes