Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's the weekend! Not really, but because the man is holding me down from working tonight, my extended weekend starts real early. Actually like 48 hours ago early. Somehow I'm ending up getting 6 days off. Sweetness.

Tomorrow morning my friends Kate & Mike will show up at my doorstep, and we'll drive down to Baltimore. There we'll be meeting like 30 people. There's folks from Boston, New York City, New Jersey, Lake Erie, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC, North Carolina, Michigan, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Chicago & San Fran flying in for this weekend.

Why? No reason. Just a weekend to hang out. These are probably the best group of people anyone could ever meet. Our group is so diverse that it's surprising how well it meshes. But it meshes phenomenally.

And on a sadder note, this will be the first major gathering I'll be attending since Jordan passed away last June. There have been two since then (Red Rocks & Pigfest), but I was unable to attend either. As I'm sure will be the case everytime I see these people for the rest of my lives, he will be on everyones minds at some point this weekend.

Time to drink. See you next week!

No comments: