Sunday, October 09, 2005

The 80's

With the Giants & Irish both having byes this weekend, and myself already boring people with my insane amounts of hockey talk (it will continue, don't worry), coupled with the fact that my Phils once again failed to make the playoffs, I don't have a lot to talk about.

I mean, don't get me wrong, baseball has been exciting. That Astros-Braves game was ridiculous, and I'm enjoying every bit of this years Yankees. Going down to my Great-Grandfather, a 98 year old diehard Yankee, to watch game 5 tomorrow. But I don't really have anything extensive to say about baseball.

And football was fun this weekend, and I have a lot to say about it. But I'm not really in the mood to, yet. I'll get to that sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

But I'm bored, and want to do something.

So to commemorate my sisters 20th birthday, herself being a child of the 80s, 1985-style, I present to you the top 80 (in no particular order) "80's songs" of all time.

Why am I doing this? Because I can...


*Video Killed The Radio Star- The Buggles
*Come On Eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners
*Tempted- Squeeze
*Tainted Love- Soft Cell
*Harden My Heart- Quarterflash
*Karma Chameleon- Culture Club
*Total Eclipse Of The Heart- Bonnie Tyler
*White Wedding- Billy Idol
*Keep On Lovin' You- REO Speedwagon
*Don't Stop Believin'- Journey
*Hit Me With Your Best Shot- Pat Benatar
*Hold On Loosely- .38 Special
*Everybody Wants To Rule The World- Tears for Fears
*The Warrior- Scandal
*Super Freak- Rick James
*Jessie's Girl- Rick Springfield
*I Ran (So Far Away)- Flock of Seagulls
*I Want You To Want Me- Cheap Trick
*Always Something There To Remind Me- Naked Eyes
*I Melt With You- Modern English
*Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)- Eurythmics
*Centerfold- J. Geils Band
*Heartbreaker- Pat Benatar
*We Got The Beat- The Go-Go's
*Heaven Is A Place On Earth- Belinda Carlisle
*Working For The Weekend- Loverboy
*Africa- Toto
*Don't You Want Me- Human League
*Talkin' In Your Sleep- The Romantics
*Whip It- DEVO
*Once In A Lifetime- Talking Heads
*Call Me- Blondie
*Cars- Gary Numan
*Maneater- Hall & Oates
*Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha- Trio
*Hungry Like The Wolf- Duran Duran
*Rock This Town- The Stray Cats
*I Want Candy- Bow Wow Wow
*She Blinded Me With Science- Thomas Dolby
*Our House- Madness
*Girls Just Want To Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper
*In A Big Country- Big Country
*One Thing Leads To Another- The Fixx
*Maniac- Michael Sembello
*Mr. Roboto- Styx
*I'm So Excited- The Pointer Sisters
*Friday, I'm In Love- The Cure
*Back On The Chain Gang- The Pretenders
*Sunglasses At Night- Corey Hart
*Summer Of '69- Bryan Adams
*Missing You- John Waite
*Ghostbusters- Ray Parker, Jr.
*Footloose- Kenny Loggins
*We're Not Gonna Take It- Twisted Sister
*Rock You Like A Hurricane- Scorpion
*Shout- Tears For Fears
*Take On Me- A-ha
*Don't You (Forget About Me)- Simple Minds
*Voices Carry- Til Tuesday
*You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)- Dead Or Alive
*We Built This City- Starship
*Addicted To Love- Robert Palmer
*Broken Wings- Mr. Mister
*Everybody Have Fun Tonight- Wang Chung
*Walk Like An Egyptian- The Bangles
*Walkin On Sunshine- Katrina & The Waves
*Don't Dream It's Over- Crowded House
*If You Leave- Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark (OMD)
*Don't Worry, Be Happy- Bobby McFerrin
*Never Gonna Give You Up- Rick Astley
*Love Shack- The B-52's
*Do You Really Want To Hurt Me- Culture Club
*I'll Take You There- General Public
*Danger Zone- Kenny Loggins
*Can't Fight This Feeling- REO Speedwagon
*Sledgehammer- Peter Gabriel
*True- Spandau Ballet
*I Think We're Alone Now- Tiffany
*What I Am- Edie Brickell/New Bohemians
*Eye Of The Tiger- Survivor
*I Touch Myself- Divinyls

There you have them.

Before you attack me, I realize that most of these songs are bad, or horrible. That's what the 80s were all about, bad music that you love. Or atleast, I love. Maybe I'm just a lunatic.

1 comment:

Alex Banks said...

The 80's are cool!! Good ol' days of Commodore, Atari, Sega, Thundercats, A-Team, etc. Some of your songs are absolute belters!

*The Great Commandment of Square Rooms*



Cheers mate