Monday, October 17, 2005

Shark Championship Standings

Before we get to the first ever SCS, a few thoughts on Notre Dame-USC...

*It lived up to the hype...

*Notre Dame got every call it needed throughout the game. It was starting to get ridiculous...

*Reggie Bush really is a once in a lifetime specimen at RB...

*Brady Quinn will be a better NFL QB then Matt Leinart will...

*As an Irish fan, I can't even complain about how that game ended. The game was just too damn good to tarnish with cries of foul & crap like that...

*Not only was that the greatest regular season game in college football history, but it may be the greatest regular season game in sports history when all is said & done.

Now, onto the standings...

With the mess the BCS has made these last few years in dealing with the National Championship, I've taken it upon myself to make my own polls. And then at the end of the year, a 4-team playoff to decide the champion.

I'm still in negotiations with the NCAA, trying to get them to recognize my poll as a legitimate one. I'm hoping eventually they will, but right now things aren't looking too good. But just in case they decide to recognize it, I bring you the polls starting this week.

How is this determined? No idea. I'm making this up as I go. Keep in mind I've been an Irish fan my entire life, but I've never really paid attention to college football as a whole until this year. So this may be a shaky operation these first few weeks until I figure things out.

Of course, I'm the only member of the media right now voting in the SCS, but if you'd like to give your votes & opinions for any weeks from here on out, feel free to do so.

Week One Shark Championship Standings:
1. USC 6-0
2. Texas 6-0
3. Virginia Tech 6-0
4. Georgia 6-0
5. Alabama 6-0
6. Notre Dame 4-2
7. LSU 4-1
8. Florida State 5-1
9. Miami 4-1
10. Ohio State 4-2
11. Penn State 6-1
12. UCLA 6-0
13. Texas Tech 6-0
14. Wisconsin 6-1
15. Boston College 6-1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No love for Rutgers? Typical east coast bias.

Anonymous said...

No love for Rutgers? Typical east coast bias.