Thursday, October 27, 2005

The NFC East

So I had a lot of great ideas about what I could say about the NFC East & such, but I'm tired. Real tired. And tomorrow morning I have to drive 5 hours to Boston in a car that has a "check engine" light that turns itself on every 40 miles or so. So I'm not happy. Just tired.

Of course, once I get to Boston & am with all my old college roommates I will be happy, and tired. But until then, just tired.

So instead of writing out all my thoughts "column" style like I did in that insanely long Notre Dame post of yesterday (yes, I apologize about that. I have no idea how it got so long), I'm just going to do this ramblings style.

*Does anyone actually read all this crap I'm saying, or am I just wasting my time? Let me know, because regardless of if I get any answers, I'm still doing this. Good exercise.

*Giants-Redskins on Sunday, can't wait. First of four divisional games for the Giants in the next 7 weeks. What a huge seven weeks these are going to be. If they can go 4-3 in them, 8-5 is a pretty place to be sitting. If they can go 5-2 over the next six weeks, 9-4 is a glorious little position. Of course, 3-4 for a 7-6 record isn't too shabby consider where this team is. But still, the three non-division games in those 7 weeks are Minnesota, San Fran & Green Bay. I honestly see no reason why the Gmen can't go 3-0 in those games & 2-2 in division games. They'll beat the Cowboys at home. Hopefully take the Redskins game. Am I getting greedy in praying for a split with the Eagles in those games? OK, seriously, I don't think they'll go 6-1. As much as 10-3 excites me, I don't see it happening. I'll settle for 7-6, I'm expecting 8-5.

*The Eagles are probably playing the worst football of any team in this division & they still have to be considered the favorites. Eventually McNabb might go into a coma during a huddle, I don't know. But until that point, an effective McNabb with Westbrook, T.O. & Andy Reid has to be the favorites in the NFC East.

*Yes, I'll admit, I never thought the Redskins would be 4-2. Yours truly here thought they'd finish 5-11 this season. I don't see that happening, but I'm still not buying into them yet. Not sure why, there's just something about them I don't like. Might have something to do with the fact that I haven't watched a single minute of a Redskins game all season. Regardless, 7-8 wins for this team is still my projected total. Of course, that may all change on Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping Sunday's game will convert some of you to my way of thinking, though. We'll see.

*Lastly, the Cowboys, the one team in professional sports I grew up hating more then any other. These aren't the Cowboys I used to hate. It pains me to admit I was actually rooting for them two weeks ago in the Eagles game. I promise that'll never happen again. Simply because I'm never going to watch another Eagles-Cowboys game.

*You may be saying wait a minute, he skipped talking about the Cowboys as a team this year in that little paragraph. Well, you're right, I did. I can't figure that team out for the life of me. Unfortunately I've seen like 5 of their games this year, and I just don't know. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go 7-2 down the stretch, or 6-3. At the same time, 2-7 wouldn't surprise me either. I can't figure them out. They scare me, but not really.

*So there you have it. All the great things I had to say about the NFC East, and I didn't say them. This freaking post is still a lot longer then I expected, and I didn't say half the crap I wanted to. Oh well.

*But, on the plus side, from now until the end of the season, there is only one week (week 12) where there isn't at least one NFC East head-to-head matchup. So that will make each week fun to pay attention to. This division is totally up in the air, and every week from here until the end will play a large roll in determining who gets this division.

*Oh yea, and week 12, when there isn't an NFC East game, that's Thanksgiving weekend, so that weekend is going to be great anyway. God, I can't believe Thanksgiving is four weeks from today. That's just scary.

Goodnight, I'm off to Boston. Don't miss me when I'm gone, I'll be back for your reading entertainment on Tuesday.

No comments: