Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday Ramblings

So, after the crazy first three episodes, and the "not-so-revealing" previews of this weeks episode, I was all set to write a good little bit on Lost, tonight's episode, and what I think is going on in that crazy island. (warning: there are no spoilers about lost in the coming paragraphs, and I will eventually get to sports)

But then, tonight's show sucked. OK, it didn't suck, but it was horrible. You knew the show couldn't keep up its rapidfire pace of the first three episodes, and it looks like now the writers are catching up on that, too. So now we're probably going to fall into a stretch like the one we had in episodes 4-9 last season (yea, call me a geek, I know this stuff), where they continually string you along, but don't really tell you anything, and nothing new develops.

Of course, this will all lead up to something huge happening in the two episodes before Christmas, just in time for the show to not put out any episodes for a few weeks (because its the holidays and people don't watch tv then), the show will return crazier then ever for the february sweeps, disappear for the 2nd half of march & the beginning of april, and then return just in time to throw out 5 episodes & another twisted-ass cliffhanger before leaving us to another summer of boredom.

It'll be about that time that I'll swear off this show for the 47th time (tonight was #31, for those keeping score at home), and then anxiously await the DVD release the day after labor day this way I can re-watch all of season 2 before season three starts a few weeks later.

It's a devastating cycle, I love this freakin' show.

On to my thoughts about this show, sports, life & thursdays.

*Semi-lost spoilers: Claire is hot now that she's not pregnant anymore, and she definitely needs more air-time (preferably without the baby in her arms). Shannon is also hot, but has an utterly useless character. They should kill her off & let Rose replace her, and give us some background info on her character and her suddenly white husband.

*That umpire in tonight's White Sox-Angels game deserves to be shot, or fired. You can't call a guy out on strikes twice in a three second span, begin walking away from home plate, notice the batter running towards first, and then say "eh, yea, I guess maybe it did hit the ground, he's safe." And then, when the coach starts arguing with you & you meet with the first base ump to figure out what to do to best save your ass, you can't just exclude the third base umpire.

I'm not saying the Angels were going to win this game, but it should have gone extra innings. And the longer the game went, the better I liked the Angels chances. But regardless of what the outcome would have been, it should not have ended that way. And if the Angels don't win this series, there is going to be a riot in Los Anaheim.

*Thankfully, the Devils return to the ice tomorrow after their 5 day break. I guess Brodeur needed the rest. Hopefully he won't face 35+ shots again tomorrow night. God, I love hockey.

*The Irish-USC game is right around the corner, and I can't tell you how excited I am. Detailed breakdown coming in the next few days, but I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the Irish. Sure, in a game with two offenses as dangerous as these two are, it comes down to which teams D can step up, and in the end, it'll be USC's D that steps up & wins this game, but still, I'm pumped. I can't wait to get to the bar at 2:30 on saturday, for the 3:30 kickoff, and just drink smithwick's & carbombs for a few hours while watching this bad boy. Mel's, in Brick Town, for anyone who wants to join me.

*Survivor tomorrow night, I know you're excited.

*I really don't want to work tomorrow night. Every Thursday it's the same thing, with the same staff. I really don't mind it at all, it's actually quite enjoyable. But every Wednesday night I bitch about it, and every Thursday while the day is going on, all I want to do is leave. I dunno, maybe like Arthur in Hitchhiker's Guide, I never quite got the hang of Thursdays, but once again I'm not looking forward to it. But grabbing a beer with LBJ afterwards to catch the end of the Rangers-Devils game should be a good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! You have a pretty cool site. If you are interested, go see my weird auctions site. You can't help but wonder, do people really sell this stuff??

Anonymous said...

I'm writing on this just so your only comments aren't from people trying to scam you.

And am I the only sucker who reads this?

MJL said...

I read it every once in a while. I can only take so much pro-NJ talk, though.

Ok, ok...I jest.